Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I am a Dreamer

i am a dreamer, yes it's true
i am a dreamer
a dreamer who never wants to wake
for there is joy in this dream
lots of joy

i sit on my front porch
there i hold your hand
ask you to stand
move you closer to my heart
holding you close the whole night through
assuring you that i shall never leave your side
kissing you every moment on
knowing with you, my heart is safe so i give it to you
praying to God morning never should come
for i want not to wake

the sweetest melody faintly plays
the soundtrack for our love
yes, the song you always told me to listen to
that which i know by heart
as it plays, it speaks to me as though by your own voice
my heart totally filled with re-assurance
and by your touch, i know i shall need no other

through the heaviest rains, we have walked
still with smiles on our faces from the warmth of the time we have shared
the eternal memories of the sunday afternoons we spent together
the long lunches with endless conversations
never did movies for we could not stay without having to share a word
our endless phone conversations that made people wonder
and our loyalty to each other, that even with distance, we still remained close
so why should i wake from this dream?

yes, i am a dreamer
for never do i want to wake
for in this dream, i am always with you..

No comments: